Lower Georgia Avenue Main Street Holiday Lights is a month-long event organized by the Lower Georgia Avenue Main Street (LGAMS). All of the businesses along LGAMS and the 800 Block of Upshur Street are invited to decorate their storefronts with holiday lights for the month of December—attracting residents and visitors from across the District to explore, shop, and play this holiday season.
- Judges and public participants will vote for their favorite holiday light displays in 7 categories.
- The Overall Best In Show winner will receive a receive either a free Online Marketing Audit or a free brand refresh (their choice) from Megan Flynn Marketing.
- The citywide Holiday Lights (Virtual) Award Ceremony will announce winners and feature participating businesses for a night of celebration.
The public will determine the People’s Choice Award by voting for their favorite by December 14. A panel of independent judges will select winners for the remaining award categories. All awards will be announced at the Holiday Lights (Virtual) Award Ceremony.
Award Categories Include:
|Most Georgia Ave (capture the spirit of what makes Georgia Ave unique)||Most Creative Use of Lights||Most Colorful Lighting Display||Best Window Display|
|Best Use of Merchandise (feature your amazing products)||Overall Best of Show (judges’ choice)||People’s Choice Awards (based on public voting)|
The winner of the Overall Best In Show award will receive a free Marketing Assessment & Action Plan or a free brand refresh from Megan Flynn Marketing!
This award includes an in-person consultation to determine your business needs and goals, a bound copy of the LGAMS Market Analysis, and an action plan tailored to your business with actionable recommendations and a resource list.
Register NOW to Participate.
- Free Advertising: Your business will receive a lot of free advertising for participating in Holiday Lights! You will be included in press materials sent to print, online and broadcast media outlets across the District. The event website will list your business with your address and any holiday promotional activities offered during the month of December.
- Attract New Customers: One-third of consumers have chosen not to enter a business because it “didn’t look like a place I would normally shop.” You need to get them in the door so that they see that your business is a place for them! Consumers are more likely to frequent your business if they know who you are and trust you. Being seen as active in the community builds that trust.
- Increase Customer Loyalty & Sales: Research shows that shoppers prefer to patronize businesses that are involved in their communities. BONUS: When businesses are involved with the community, customers are willing to pay slightly higher prices to buy from them. As a retailer with strong community ties, you can increase your prices and profits without driving customers away.
Once you’ve registered, you’ll receive a confirmation email with all of the details you need to participate. Thanks for being a part of this fun new community event and giving the Lower Georgia Avenue Main Street the opportunity to promote your awesome business!